Deadline Extended until 9th of April.
The Department of Mechanical Engineering of the University of Moratuwa is pleased to announce the commencement of the Postgraduate programme in “Energy Technology” for the academic year 2014/2015 and invites applications for admission from suitably qualified candidates. The course is offered commencing from May 2014 and will be offered in modular form. Details of the courses can be obtained from the Department of Mechanical Engineering or via the internet on the Department web site.
- The Degree of Bachelor of Science of Engineering of the University of Moratuwa in Mechanical Engineering/Chemical Engineering/Electrical Engineering/Materials Engineering, or
- Any other engineering degree of at least four years duration, from a recognised University, in a relevant field of specialisation as may be approved by the Senate,or
- Any recognised category of membership of a recognised Professional Institute, obtained through an academic route, with a minimum of one year of recognised appropriate experience obtained after the membership, as may be approved by the Senate.
Programme of Studies
- Postgraduate Diploma (PG Dip.): One Year (part-time)
- Taught courses and laboratory work, assignments, seminars and field visits
- All academic work will normally be conducted on: Fridays and Saturdays
- Master of Engineering (M.Eng.): Two Years (part-time)
- Successful completion (overall GPA not less than 2.5) of the academic requirements for the Postgraduate Diploma and additional mandatory individual research project leading to a thesis/dissertation meeting the minimum duration condition of the degree.
Registration Fee: Rs 2,000 per year
Examination Fee: Rs 2,000 per year (payable at registration)
Tuition Fee: Rs 200,000 for the first year (PG Dip) & additional Rs 50,000 for the second year (MEng)
Rs 25,000 for an additional year (See the application form for more information)
Library Deposit: Rs 2,500 per item, up to 6 items (optional and refundable)
Application forms can be downloaded from the department web site OR obtained from PG Course Coordinator, Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Moratuwa, Katubedda, Moratuwa by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope 100 x 225 mm in size OR sending an email to respective Course Coordinators. The deadline for applications has been extended until 9th of April.
For inquiries on courses, contact Dr. Himan Punchihewa, Course Coordinator for Energy Technology, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org OR Ms. Anjali Dananjana, email: email@example.com, Tel. 071-1109534, Fax: 011-2650621